Thursday, January 17, 2008

We Interrupt Our Regular Programming

Chances are if you read this blog this is old news to you.

But as I am now groveling for votes in an American Idol-style new novel competition, I'll risk repeating myself in the hopes of catching some lovely person who has stumbled onto my blog or one of you equally lovely friends (or friends of friends) whose email account spit my email into spam because the "To" line includes my entire address book.

My novel, Long Beach Baby, cruelly still unpublished, has been selected as a semi-finalist in Amazon.com's Breakthrough Novel contest. And you can read a whole 5,000 words of it by going to http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00121WEUK/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top and clicking on the Download (for free!) button in the upper right corner of your screen.

More importantly -- and here comes the pandering -- you can write a comment or review and help me catch the attention of the folks at Penguin Books who are deciding which excerpts they will review and consider for a spot as finalist.

May I repeat this in grossly clear terms? PLEASE WRITE SOMETHING (hopefully nice) ABOUT MY EXCERPT (and maybe, while you're at it, say how the not-so-great-reviews are written by crazy people who wouldn't know a good novel if they actually sat down and read one) SO I CAN ADVANCE TO THE NEXT ROUND.

Plus, it might make up for the fact that I have posted NOTHING on this blog for the entirety of 2008.

Of that, a posting very, very soon, I promise. Just know that I am spending all my baby-free and sleep-free time right now tracking down every last person who was ever nice to me and begging them to review my piece.

In the meantime, enjoy, I hope . . .

No comments: